Friday Update

Superhero Dress Up day was definitely a highlight this week. We started off the day with a lot of excitement in chapel, as the MC students joined us. They got the kids all pumped up during worship, performed a dance, and shared with us about the Trinity … the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It was a day full of excitement and fun. We also started research projects in Science. Students chose, from a few options, what they would like to research and then they were put into research groups. It has been fun to watch them delve into this project, learning how to research and work together in this way. We also had a surprise fire drill on Thursday. The students responded well, stopping what they were doing, and following directions to ensure safety. Great job Grade 2’s!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, May 22nd – Victoria Day, No School

A heads up for the busy month of June coming up …. 

Wednesday, June 7th – Last Assembly of the year

Wednesday, June 14th – Talent Show and also a half day (noon dismissal)

Tuesday, June 20th – Waterslides

Wednesday, June 21st – Fun Day – Half Day (noon dismissal)

Friday, June 23rd – Last day of school, Chapel from 11-12 – noon dismissal

Spelling and Phonograms:

No spelling or phonograms tests this week due to the short week 🙂

Bible Memory:

Psalm 40:1-4

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home Reading
  • No more Full Dress Uniform on Wednesdays
  • Reminder that Spring Sing is coming up on Monday, May 29th @ 7pm. Students are asked to be in classrooms by 6:45pm. Thanks!
  • May 26th will be the last day to sign out library books. They will be due back by June 2nd. After June 2nd the replacement cost of missing books will be billed to the students account.

Pictures from Our Week:

Superhero Dress Up 

Visit with Mya’s 4 week old kitten!