Weekly Update

Lots of exciting things happening in Grade Two this week … PJ day, Grandparents Day … the Scholastic Book Fair! Full and busy, but great week. It is always a pleasure to have the Grandparents come in for a visit. The children love to share what they are doing and what they have been learning, with them. I love to see so many come out to support their grandchildren!

Dates to Remember:

Tuesday, April 24th – Service Day

Wednesday, April 25th

• Knight Day
  • Zones Parent Seminar – email me if you require childcare by tomorrow

Friday, April 27th – Pro-D Day

Spelling and Phonograms:

No Spelling or Phonograms this week.

Bible Memory:

1 John 4:7-9

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Bring in your Home Reading on your assigned day
  • Service Day – this is coming up on Tuesday, April 24th – we will be participating in this day with our Grade 6 buddies – leaving the school by 9:30am. If I don’t have your permission slip it MUST be brought in on Monday or your child will not be able to join us for this offsite activity.
  • Zones of Regulation Parent Seminar – we look forward to sharing this program we have been doing in our classrooms with you on Wednesday – bring any questions you have. Childcare will be provided, but you MUST sign your children up through your classroom teacher by Monday, April 23rd. Please email me or make a note in your child’s planner. Thanks!

Pictures from Our Week:

PJ Day

Grandparents Day

Sunshine is out … I think that means we need to be outside!