Friday Update

It has been a good week in Grade 2. We have been working hard to understand place value in Math, learning about Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities in Socials, and today we read a story that was called ‘My Mouth is a Volcano’, which talks about interrupting others and how that makes them feel. I also have to apologize this week for any confusion that I have caused in our Spelling List. It was brought to my attention this morning that on the blog I had written the word ‘along’ … when in fact the word was ‘alone’, and that is what we had been practicing in class. So if your child was arguing with you about what the word was, or how to spell it, I apologize. That was my typing error! I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend, that you enjoy some time with your families as you celebrate Thanksgiving (I have the special treat of a sleepover with my nephew 🙂 who is 5, this weekend … as my brother lives out of town but are here for Thanksgiving).

Dates to Remember:

Monday, October 14th – Thanksgiving, no school

Thursday, October 17th – Earthquake Drill

Spelling:

No spelling this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

Matthew 6:9-13 – “Our Father in heaven, hallowed by your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• skating permission slips went home today
  • I also want to encourage you to be reading at home with your child EVERY single night … Grade 2 is a huge year for reading, so please support your child in this way.