Weekly Update!

It has been a busy week in Grade Two, with lots going on, including Knight Day and Fall Dress Up Day. It is hard to believe that we have reached the end of October already, things are moving quickly!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, November 2nd 

• Winter Uniform begins – no more shorts and sandals
  • Spelling List I-3 will be introduced

Tuesday, November 3rd – Assembly

Wednesday, November 4th – Full Dress Uniform

Friday, November 6th – Spelling Test

Spelling 

1. sing
  2. sang
  3. sung
  4. song
  5. doll
  6. feet
  7. zoo
  8. miss
  9. add
  10. lace
  11. Mr. = mister
  12. finds
  13. nice
  14. plant
  15. got
  16. away
  17. came
  18. west
  19. went
  20. lake

Bible Memory 

Psalm 138:1-7

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul. All the kings of the earth will give thanks to You, O LORD, When they have heard the words of Your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the LORD, For great is the glory of the LORD. For though the LORD is exalted, Yet he regards the lowly, But the haughty He knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will protect me against the anger of my enemies. And your right hand will save me.”

Reminders:

Remember to bring your poetry books and home reading to school on Monday so we can add a new poem/send home a new book.

We did a phonogram quiz this week. If you are interested in how your child did fell free to pop in and see me sometime next week.

We have been working on some very challenging concepts in Math recently. I am very proud of them for working so hard to understand the concept of regrouping; they have been making great progress!