Friday Update

Well, it has been another full and busy week;  the students have worked very hard this week! We have spent some time discussing and writing about Remembrance Day, we started an abridged novel study together, called “Heidi”, and of course the bake sale was a huge hit on Wednesday 🙂

Dates to Remember:

Tuesday, Nov. 10th 

• Chapel
  • Remembrance Day Assembly – 2-3pm – Full Dress Uniform – Students will each be given a poppy right before the assembly. It would be lovely if you could send in a donation for the poppy, thanks in advance!

Wednesday, Nov. 11th – No School, Remembrance Day

Spelling 

Due to the short week, we will have no spelling list this week. Enjoy!

Bible Memory 

We are on the last verse in our Psalm! The kids have been working hard to learn it and are doing very well. Let’s finish strong for the last verse 🙂

Psalm 138:1-8

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul. All the kings of the earth will give thanks to You, O LORD, When they have heard the words of Your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the LORD, For great is the glory of the LORD. For though the LORD is exalted, Yet he regards the lowly, But the haughty He knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will protect me against the anger of my enemies. And your right hand will save me.The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.”

Reminders:

Bring your poetry books/home reading to school on Monday.

Full Dress Uniform on Tuesday.

Skating permission forms went home – please return them to school ASAP.