Friday Update

It has been a bit of a crazy week, lots of kids away due to sickness! It sure has been going around a lot. I hope that you are all able to get some rest and get back to full health this weekend.

It has also been very busy with the Book Fair, Knight Day, and After School Clubs this week. All great things, but just made for a very busy week!

Dates to Remember:

I can’t believe that we are already entering the month of February! January just flew by. As you can see there are lots of things going on in the month of February, which means lots to keep track of and stay on top of! All very fun things though 🙂

Feb. 4 & 5 – Pro-D days – No School

Feb. 8th – Family Day, No School.

Feb. 12th – Valentine’s Day dress-up (Pink, Red, and White casual day)

Feb. 15th 

• Jump Rope for Hearth Assembly
  • Earthquake Drill
  • Love Guatemala Day (details below)

Feb. 16th – Math Mayhem – 6:30-8pm

Feb. 17th – Swimming Fieldtrip

Feb. 24th – Pink Shirt Day & Friendship Assembly

Feb. 26th – Jump Rope for Heart event day

Spelling:

Due to the fact that the next two weeks are both short weeks, we will have no spelling lists for the next two weeks. We will use that time to work on some other things.

Bible Memory:

We will just work on adding one verse for the next two weeks.

1 John 4:7-19

Dear friends, let us love one another, for loves comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love, does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Remember to bring in your poetry books and your home reading books to be exchanged on Monday
  • I have been doing individual reading assessments with the students over the past couple of weeks. If you are interested in how your child is doing, feel free to pop in and see me.
  • Don’t forget to bring in items that the Guatemala missions team has asked if we could donate … The list is on the blog and we also have a list up in the classroom. Lets do our best to serve and help the team out with this! Thank you to those who have already brought in some donation items!
  • Valentine’s Day (celebrating on February 12th) is a red, white, and pink casual day
  • Valentine’s Day (celebrating on February 12th)  is always an exciting time for us! Handing out Valentine’s cards is totally optional. I do request that if you choose to hand out Valentine’s cards that you would prepare one for each child in the classroom so that no one feels left out. I will staple a list in the Planners next week to help make it easier to remember all of the names.
  • Love Guatemala day will be on February 15th. Students will have the opportunity to order hot lunch for February 15th and forms will be coming home shortly. It will also be a pay to wear casual day where students can wear play clothes if they bring $2. All proceeds from the hot lunch and pay to wear casual will go towards building a school in Guatemala. This is a great opportunity for our younger students to support our High school missions trip.
  • Our Jump Rope for Heart event day is on February 26th and we are looking for volunteers who would be willing to help out with it. If you are interested, please send me an email or let me know. Thanks so much!