Friday Update

Well, it has been a full and busy first week of school … and also a little exhausting. It takes time to get back in to the routine, and to build up stamina for each day, when we come back from summer. However, that being said, your children have been troopers. They have settled in and they are figuring out the schedule and the way things work quite nicely. I have been very pleased. It has also been a joy for me to start the journey of getting to know each and everyone of your children. I have enjoyed little anecdotes about summer, listening to them tell jokes that they find so funny, and watching them bubble over with excitement about different things going on. I look forward to partnering with you to help make this an amazing year for your children.

Important Dates for September:

Tuesday, Sept. 13 – Individual Student Photos – Full Dress Uniform 

Monday, Sept. 19 – HRA Parent Welcome Night – 7pm

Friday, Sept. 23 – Pro-D Day

Wednesday, Sept. 28 – Knight Day

Spelling:

We will be starting with our spelling lists on Monday. I will be starting them off with just 10 words. Spelling list will be introduced on Monday, September 12th and tested on Friday, September 16th.

1. his
  2. just
  3. about
  4. much
  5. ball
  6. law
  7. lay
  8. soft
  9. path
  10. as

Bible Memory:

Our first Bible memory passage is Psalm 138. We will learn a verse each week.We will start with Psalm 138:1 and will add verse 2 next week.

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thank to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all  Your name.”

A few pictures from our first week:

image-copy-6 image image-copy-2