Weekly Update

Good Morning! I hope you are all having a wonderful long weekend. With the Pro-D day yesterday I forgot about posting my blog, so it’s a little late. Sorry about that.

Dates to Remember:

Wednesday, September 28th – Knight Day – students may wear casual bottoms and a Knight T-shirt, or uniform

Thursday, September 29th – Terry Fox Day

Friday, September 30th – Scholastic Orders need to be in

Spelling:

List will be introduced on Monday, September 26th and tested on Friday, September 30th. This is our last week of only 10 words.

1. lone
  2. alone
  3. one
  4. food
  5. five
  6. led
  7. year
  8. house
  9. way
  10. some

Bible Memory:

I will test students on Bible memory, so please make sure that you take time to practice the verse at home with your children. Thanks!

Psalm 138:1-3

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. When I call, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• We will be celebrating Terry Fox day on Thursday, September 29th with a short Terry Fox run. Children are welcome to bring in a $2 donation for the Terry Fox Foundation. We will also be taking some time during the day to talk about who Terry Fox is and why he is an important Canadian to celebrate.
  • As part of the on–going changes to our curriculum and procedures, we are being asked to create comfort kits for students in case of an emergency. On Monday afternoon, a letter will be coming home explaining what needs to be in the Comfort Kit. The kits will be kept in the classroom and will be used in case of an emergency. It would be great if all kits could be completed and returned to the school by October 15th. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

A couple pictures from our week:

img_6186

img_6188

One thought on “Weekly Update