Friday Update

It has been a solid week. The kids have all worked hard and are doing great! We started a couple of new units … Catching and Throwing in P.E. and Force and Motion in Science … which have both been a lot of fun so far. I was so pleased that most of you remembered to bring in your Home Reading on your new day, and reading individually with each student is so enjoyable. Practicing reading at home is so beneficial and I love to hear and see the improvement in them as they grow in this area, so thanks for the support that is provided at home.

Dates to Remember:

Thursday, November 10th – Remembrance Day Assembly, 2pm

Friday, November 11th – No School

Spelling & Phonograms:

We will have no spelling list due to the short week.

We will review the phonograms that we have already focused on.

Bible Memory:

Psalm 138:1-8

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. When I call, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord. For though the Lord is exalted, yet he regards the lowly. But the haughty he knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies and your right hand will save me. The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of your hands.

This is the final verse in our passage. We will work on it for the next two weeks, learning the new verse and practicing the entire passage, and it will be tested after.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Thank you to everyone who remembered to bring in Home Reading this week
  • The Grade 2’s will be reciting a verse (we are learning in class) and singing a song at the Remembrance Day Assembly

fullsizerender img_6336