3 Weeks … and counting, until we are on Christmas Break! Can you believe it?? It is wild how quickly these first few months have gone. From now until we are on holidays we are going to be so busy … preparing for Christmas and trying to get everything done before we have a break. I love the Christmas season, and I am looking forward to celebrating this season with your children.
Dates to Remember:
Monday, November 28th – Annual Salvation Army Food Drive begins … more details below
Wednesday, November 30th – Knight Day
Friday, December 2nd
- Christmas Decorating Party … more details below
- Report Cards Go Home
Wednesday, December 7th – Parent/Teacher interviews 3:30-6pm
Monday, December 12th – Grade 4-12 Christmas Concert – 7pm
Friday, December 16th – Primary Christmas Program – 9:30am (dismissed immediately after the concert)
Spelling and Phonograms:
List will be introduced on Monday, November 28th and tested on Friday, December 2nd.
We have focused each week on a specific ten phonograms and have made it through all of the double letter phonograms. We will be practicing a random mix of the 40 phonograms each day. Keep working on the phonograms at home!
We will not be starting a new verse before Christmas. We will be working on our songs for the Christmas concert and focussing on that.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Thank you to those who have been remembering to bring in your Home Reading. If you have not been bringing it in, please try and remember so that i can read with your child each week.
- On November 28th, we will begin our annual Salvation Army Food Drive. This is a great opportunity for us to connect with our community and support less fortunate families over the holiday season. Each year, we turn our food drive into a competition to see which K-3 class can bring in the most food. Each food item received is worth 1 point, unless it is on our top 10 list, then it will be worth 5 points. We will keep a tally in the classroom together.
- peanut butter
- pork and beans
- canned lunches (alphagetti, chunky soup)
- tomato soup
- mushroom soup
- mac n’ cheese
- chicken noodle soup
- pasta (noodles)
- pasta sauce
- Christmas Concert – the Grade 2’s will be Kings in the Christmas concert this year. More details to come about costumes during this week.
- Christmas Decorating Party – As Christmas is coming and we all like to get in the spirit, I think decorating our classroom with some Christmas music playing, and maybe some Christmas treats may be necessary 🙂 If you are able to volunteer in either of the following ways, please send me an email or write a note in your child’s planner. Thanks!
- 3 parent volunteers who can come from 1-3pm in the afternoon to help with some crafts
- 3 parents who would be willing to send a treat for the whole class
- Parent/Teacher Interviews – these are coming up shortly. The office will start booking appointments AFTER report cards have gone home at the end of next week.
Pictures from the Week:
We had Crazy Hat Day – and boy were there some fun hats! It was great to see everyone participate and enjoy this so much! The office ladies were the judges of the contest … and the winner for Grade 2 was Kaitlin Olydam! Thanks for helping your children make such unique and fun hats 🙂