Welcome back from what I hope was a restful and enjoyable holiday spent with family and friends.
January Dates to Remember:
Wednesday, January 11th – Assembly
Friday, January 13th – Pro D Day
Monday, January 16th – Skating field trip
Thursday, January 19th – Beach Day Dress Up
Tuesday to Thursday, January 24th-26th – Scholastic Book Fair
Wednesday, January 25th – Knight Day
Tuesday, January 31st – Math Mayhem
Spelling and Phonograms:
I have introduced a spelling list this week. Due to having two short weeks in a row, this list will be tested on Thursday, January 12th.
- I will do a phonogram test this week to see where we are at and which phonograms in particular we need to work on
We will be starting 1 John 4:7-19
1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for loves comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God.
Reminders and Other information:
- I will start Home Reading schedule again next week.
- Thank you so much to all the families that participated in the Salvation Army Food Drive. It was so awesome to be able to bless so many people in our community. We had 965 points, which was only 10 points behind the winning class, which was Grade 1/2. Thank you so much for all your contributions!
- Skating permission slips have gone home, please return those signed
- Math Mayhem – this is a great night to come and play different math games with your children. The event will run from 6:30-8pm on Tuesday, January 31st, and will be lots of fun.
- We are taking each day one at a time deciding on whether we will be outside or not due to the weather. Please make sure you are sending your children dressed appropriately for the weather.
I feel like there is more I need to keep you updated on, however, that is all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to be in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks so much!