Great week, very busy! We had an assembly about Stranger Danger … an important thing to be talking about as a class, but something that definitely should be reinforced at home. There is a lot going on right now, so please make sure you read all the information and make note of the important details for the weeks ahead.
Dates to Remember:
Thursday, February 9th – Love Thailand Hot Lunch Orders due in to the Office!
Friday, February 10th – Pro-D day – No School
Spelling and Phonograms:
Due to the short week, we will have no spelling list this week.
We will review the last 20 phonograms that we have been working on:
ar, ng, ou, ow, ph, ea, ei, ey, oe, oa, kn, gn, oi, oy, ed, eigh, ck, ie, tch, ch
1 John 4:7-11 (NLT)
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Thailand Team Fundraisers
- There are Panago Pizza coupons available at the office. This is a great opportunity to support Team Thailand mission projects and get a great deal on delicious Pizza from Panago. Please let your families know that this deal is alive and well!
- Fill a Suitcase for the Thailand Team
- Travel sized personal hygiene products such as but not limited to: shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving cream, or any other travel sized product that one can purchase at a dollar store or grocery store
- Student supplies: Pencils, pens, pads, paper, erasers, calculators, kid scissors, pencil crayons, geometry kits, crayons, etc. – School Related**There will be no toys or clothes collected this year. The Thailand staff requested only the lists above.DONATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY, 28TH!!
- Dogs and Fries event – Tuesday, Feb. 14th Dogs and Fries lunch. This is a great way to give while getting fed! Hot dogs are $3 and Fries are $3. These prices are set for the purpose of generating funds for projects.
- All orders are pre-order ONLY! (We will not be selling at the kitchen doors)
- The due date for orders to be in is Thursday Feb 9th. This is a hard date. No orders will be taken after this date.
- There will be NO PIZZA on Dogs and Fries event day – NO PIZZA – so if you are not ordering for the Love Thailand Hot Lunch you will need to bring one
- Don’t forget to bring in your Home Reading on your assigned day!
- It was great to see so many of you come out and enjoy Math Mayhem. I hope you enjoyed the time with your kids to play some fun games, while also working on math
- Valentine’s Day is coming up … some important details
- We will be creating our Valentine’s boxes and getting ready to celebrate in this next week. It is not expected that each student will bring Valentine’s, however, if you would like to, then we ask that you bring one for each child in the class – we will put a list in our planners next week in order to help you with writing your Valentine’s
- Treats – if you would like to send a treat for our party, please let me know. Variety would be nice in our snacks, not all just sugary treats … popcorn, pretzels, meat/cheese or other such treats are appreciated … not that we can’t have anything sugary 🙂
- No Pizza lunch – due to Love Thailand Hot Lunch fundraiser, we will have no Pizza Lunch on this day
Pictures from Our Week:
Math Mayhem Fun!
A Special Little Visitor: