Well … 4 weeks left! Yikes! Time is just flying and June will be very full of fun and exciting activities. We have a few more things we are trying to finish and get through, but it will be intermixed with lots of fun events! Definitely a busy time of year! Next week, on Wednesday, we are going to start a SUMMER COUNTDOWN. Each day we are going to pop a balloon and inside will be a fun activity or thing that we can do for that day. The students seem to be pretty excited about it … should be lots of fun 🙂
Dates to Remember:
Monday, May 29th – Spring Sing
Wednesday, May 31st
- Knight Day
- Last Chapel of the Year
Friday, June 2nd – Swimming Field Trip
Spelling and Phonograms:
ay, oe, wh, oo, ou, ew, oi, kn, oy, oa
“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.”
This is the last verse that will be added to this passage. We will practice it for a couple of weeks and then I will test it at the end.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – last week for Home Reading
- No more Full Dress Uniform on Wednesdays
- Reminder that Spring Sing is coming up on Monday, May 29th @ 7pm. Students are asked to be in classrooms by 6:40pm. Dress code is jeans and a black or white t-shirt. Thanks!
- May 26th will be the last day to sign out library books. They will be due back by June 2nd. After June 2nd the replacement cost of missing books will be billed to the students account.
- I have organized a field trip to go swimming on Friday, June 2nd for the afternoon. I was just trying to get the last few details organized, and so the permission slips will be going home on Monday. Please make sure that you sign those and return them right away. I would love to have several parent volunteers to go swimming with the kids. So please keep this in mind as you prepare your week 🙂
Pictures from Our Week:
Researching for Science