Friday Update

Well it has been a busy and exhausting first week, but we have made it! I have enjoyed this first week with your children and I look forward to getting to know them better over the weeks ahead.

I will blog on Friday afternoons with all the information for the week ahead. Please make sure you check here for any details or information that you need.

We will be starting with our planners on Monday, you will find dates and what we have going on in there as well.

September Dates:

Thursday, September 14th – Picture Day – Full Dress Uniform

Monday, September 18th – Parent Welcome Night – 7pm in the chapel

Friday, September 22nd – Pro-D Day

Wednesday, September 27th – Knight Day

Spelling and Phonograms:

We are going to start off the year with just 10 words per week on our spelling test. The words will be introduced on Monday, and tested on Friday. With each spelling list, I will also be focusing on specific phonograms for that week. I will introduce them on Monday and test them on Friday as well. If your child gets all the phonograms correct on the day that they are introduced, they will not have to do the test on Friday.

1. his
  2. just
  3. about
  4. much
  5. ball
  6. law
  7. lay
  8. soft
  9. path
  10. as

ee, oo, th, or, ch

Bible Memory:

We will be starting with the first verse for Bible Memory on Monday. We are going to be memorizing Psalm 138.

Psalm 138:1

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thank to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all  Your name.”

A Few Pictures from Our Week: 

Playtime

Reading with our Buddies