Weekly Update

Hello Parents, we are back up and running! I’m sorry for any inconvenience my blog being down caused, but I will once again be communicating in this way. Thank you for your patience.

We have had a busy week in Grade Two, but it has been a good one. We had Fall Dress Up on Tuesday, fun to see the kids all dressed in their fall colour play clothes. We had our Healthy Relationships Assembly on Wednesday, and we have also enjoyed some GoNoodling in the classroom to get our wiggles out and stretch in the classroom a bit, amongst lots of hard work in their also :).

Dates to Remember:

Wednesday, Nov. 8th – “My Community” presentation special guest – a representative from the Chilliwack Museum is going to come in and share with us about communities.

Friday, November 10th – Remembrance Day Assembly – 2-3pm

Spelling and Phonograms:

List will be introduced on Monday, and tested on Friday. We are bumping up to 20 words.

1. bow
  2. letter
  3. soon
  4. very
  5. rich
  6. best
  7. zip
  8. brave
  9. face
  10. far
  11. sold
  12. told
  13. nine
  14. new
  15. spent
  16. block
  17. down
  18. dear
  19. formed
  20. end

oy, oi, ay, ai, wr, ow, ck, ie, oo, th

Bible Memory:

Psalm 138:1-6

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. When I call, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord. For though the Lord is exalted, yet he regards the lowly. But the haughty he knows from afar ”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Thank you to all who remembered to bring in Home Reading on assigned days. If you forgot this week, please try and remember. And to those who bring in home reading on Fridays, I apologize, I completely forgot to read with them. I will read on Monday with them as well as those who usually bring in their books on Monday.
  • Winter uniform has begun – no more shorts.
  • Please send your children dressed to school with appropriate clothing to be outside at recess and lunch. If it is cold we still go outside – mittens, tuques, jackets – all will keep them warm outside