Friday Update

Great week! Crazy Hat’s were awesome! So fun to see all of the creative and unique ideas that come to school. We were told that we had one of the best classes for creative and festive hats!

Dates to Remember:

Wednesday, November 29th – Knight Day

Friday, December 1st 

• Decorating Party (more details below)
  • Food Drive begins

Spelling and Phonograms:

List will be introduced on Monday, November 27th and tested on Friday, December 1st.

1. why
  2. every
  3. proud
  4. happy
  5. son
  6. with
  7. our
  8. same
  9. fine
  10. name
  11. read
  12. word
  13. daddy
  14. girl
  15. never
  16. forget
  17. think
  18. life
  19. under
  20. Lord

oa, oe, ough, ear, au, aw, ui, ti, dge, tch

Bible Memory:

Psalm 138:1-8

“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. When I call, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord. For though the Lord is exalted, yet he regards the lowly. But the haughty he knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies and your right hand will save me. The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of your hands.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Decorating Party! I would like to have a class decorating party on Friday, December 1st in the afternoon. I am looking for a couple of parent volunteers that would be wiling to come in for the afternoon and help us with creating our decorations. I would also like a parent or two who would be willing to make sugar cookies for us to decorate in the afternoon.
  • December 1st is the beginning of our annual Food Drive. This year we are doing a school goal, working towards a 1/2 day with cookies and hot chocolate on the first Friday back after the holidays. Priority items:
    • tuna
    • pasta
    • canned sou
    • peanut butter
    • jam
    • canned vegetables
    • chunky soup
    • canned fruit
    • canned lunch – i.e. alphagetti, ravioli, etc.
    • granola bars
    • juice boxes

2 thoughts on “Friday Update