December is here! And we brought in the Christmas season with a Decorating Party this afternoon, where lots of fun, as well as lots of decorations were created (and are now displayed around the room). So festive! Please feel free to come and check it out!
Friday, December 1st – Food Drive Started
Wednesday, December 6th
- Healthy Eating Assembly
- Parent Teacher Interviews (if you would like to set up an appointment, contact the office and they will give you a time)
Friday, December 8th
- Chilliwack Museum Field Trip
- December book orders due – in order to receive them in time for Christmas, orders need to be placed early
Monday, December 18th – Grade 4-12 Christmas concert – 7pm
Wednesday, December 20th – Food Drive Ends
Thursday, December 21st
- K-3 Christmas Concert – 1pm
- Christmas holidays begin!
Spelling and Phonograms:
List will be introduced on Monday, December 4th, and tested on Friday, December 8th.
ed, or, sh, er, gn, ey, eigh, si, wr, oi
We will not be learning a new scripture until the new year. Instead we will be working on a poem for the Christmas concert.
Reminders and other information:
- A huge thank you to all the parents involved with our Christmas Decorating Party! It was a great afternoon … lots of fun, and a beautifully decorated classroom for Christmas is the end result. We could not have done it without all the parents who came in, as well as those who sent cookies! Many Thanks 🙂
- Food Drive has started – thanks to those who have already brought in some items to donate. This year we are doing a school goal, aiming to earn 15,000 points as an entire school. If we reach our goal we will earn a 1/2 day with cookies and hot chocolate on the first Friday back (January 12th) after the holidays. Priority items (5 points):
- canned sou
- peanut butter
- canned vegetables
- chunky soup
- canned fruit
- canned lunch – i.e. alphagetti, ravioli, etc.
- granola bars
- juice boxes
- Reminder to bring in your Home Reading on your assigned day – although I must admit, I have been getting a little mixed up in my schedule with all the busyness of this week! I will do my best to keep it straight.
- Please make note that school is ending on Thursday, December 21st instead of the Friday!
- Christmas Concert – Grade 2’s are going to be wisemen in the concert. Costume will be school pants with their full dress uniform shirt and an infinity scarf worn off one shoulder. I will provide them with a crown to wear.
- As mentioned above, connect with Kathy at the office if you would like to set up a time to meet with me during Parent-Teacher interviews (3:30-6:30pm)
- I sent home a Newsletter about the Zones of Regulation. This is a new program we are implementing in the Primary department and I wanted you to see what it is all about. It has really helped the students be able to identify how they are feeling, but it also helps them to understand how I am feeling. If they come home talking about the zones, I thought it might be helpful for you to have an understanding of what they are referring to 🙂
A Few Pictures:
Crazy Hat Day (Last Week):
So many of them working together and helping each other out!