Well, we have been busy this week. And we are also on the countdown for Christmas break … I think everyone is starting to feel ready for a break. Only a couple weeks to go …
Dates to Remember:
Monday, December 11th – Book orders due – last chance to get them in before Christmas
Thursday, December 14th – Christmas Party with our Buddies!
Spelling and Phonograms:
This will be our last list for the year. It will be introduced on Monday, December 11th and tested on Friday, December 15th.
ough, ui, ei, ea, ph, ou, ci, ng, ch, ck
Working on a wisemen poem for the Christmas concert. New memory verse in the new year.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Food Drive has started – thanks to those who have already brought in some items to donate. This year we are doing a school goal, aiming to earn 15,000 points as an entire school. If we reach our goal we will earn a 1/2 day with cookies and hot chocolate on the first Friday back (January 12th) after the holidays. Priority items (5 points):
- canned sou
- peanut butter
- canned vegetables
- chunky soup
- canned fruit
- canned lunch – i.e. alphagetti, ravioli, etc.
- granola bars
- juice boxes
- Reminder to bring in your Home Reading on your assigned day
- Please make note that school is ending on Thursday, December 21st instead of the Friday!
- Christmas Concert – Grade 2’s are going to be wisemen in the concert. Costume will be school pants with their full dress uniform shirt and an infinity scarf worn off one shoulder. I will provide them with a crown to wear.
- As mentioned above, we are having a Christmas party on Thursday with our buddies. For one of the activities with our buddies, I am asking that each child bring in one toilet paper roll.
Pictures from Our Week:
Outside in the beautiful sunshine!
Family Christmas – Museum Field Trip