Dates to Remember:
Monday, February 12th – Family Day, School Closed
Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day dress up and Love Guatemala Hot Lunch (if you pre-ordered)
Spelling and Phonograms:
No spelling or phonograms due to the short week.
I lift my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Bring in your Home Reading on your assigned day
- Valentine’s Day is on Wednesday, and we will be having a Valentine’s Day theme’d day – if you choose to bring Valentine’s, which is totally optional, I ask that if you do choose to send cards that there is a card for each student in the classroom. I sent home a list with the students today in their planners.
- casual clothes – red, pink and white
- Love Guatemala – Hot Lunch – if you pre-ordered
- Don’t forget your valentines
- Jump Rope for Heart – Fundraising is voluntary and all students will be invited to participate on our Jump Day March 1, 2018. The Heart and Stroke Foundation requests that all envelopes be returned even if they are not filled out. They are concerned about fraudulent fundraising. I am also in need of some volunteers for Jump Rope for Heart event day which is coming up on Thursday, March 1st. If you are willing to help out for part of the day (morning 9-12 or afternoon 1-3), or the entire day, please send me an email or come talk to me in person and I would sure appreciate your help! Thanks so much!
- For the month of February, we are collecting items to send to Guatemala with our High school Missions Team. They will be building a school and handing out toiletries to the people in the village. If you would like to contribute, they are looking for: pencils, pens, crayons, pencil, crayons, erasers, scissors, pencils sharpeners, small toys, small stuffed animals, kids sunglasses and hats, bandaids, hair brushes/combs, hair accessories, tooth brushes, small toothpaste, face clothes, children’s summer clothes, twin sheets, baby toys, sleepers and blankets.