Welcome to Grade 2! It has been a pleasure to meet you all, and I am excited about the year ahead!
Monday, September 10th – Fire Drill
Wednesday, September 12th – Picture Day – Full dress uniform
Thursday, September 13th – Bus evacuation drill
Monday, September 17th – Pro-D – No School
Tuesday, September 18th – Parent Welcome Night – 6:30pm
Wednesday, September 26th – Knight Day
List will be introduced on Monday, September 10th and tested on Friday, September 14th. For extra practice at home, if you go through my blog you will find the weeks words on Spelling City – which has different games and activities to help students practice spelling words.
We will focus on 10 phonograms each week. They will be introduced on Mondays, and tested on Friday. If you get 10/10 on Monday when they are introduced, you will not have to do the test on Friday.
ee, oo, er, ng, ay, ou, ch, ea, th, ar
Reminders and Other Information:
Just a few things to get us started for the year. I sent home a newsletter, and some of this information was on there, but some of this is new also.
- If you have not yet brought in kleenex boxes, paint shirt and gym shoes, please do so as soon as possible
- A Criminal record check will be MANDATORY to be in the classroom or to participate in field trips, please make sure you have these on file at the office, or get the process started right away
- Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important that they have a way to have a drink when hot and thirsty
- Planners have gone home and this will be a very effective way to communicate back and forth – I check it each morning, Please be sure to bring it to school EVERY day.
- Emergency Kits – some parents have been asking about these … information about putting these together will be coming home with your student next week.
- Student Information form went home with your child today – please fill it out and return it to the school office ASAP! It is important for us to have these details on file for your child.
I post on my blog every Friday about what is going on in the week ahead, as well as all other important information that you will need. Please make sure you refer to the blog for all the details.
Pictures from our Week: