It has been a great first full week … with lots of things going on! Everyone seems to be settling in really well, learning the rules and routines in the classroom. We had a fire drill, and a bus evacuation drill. The students all did great during both of those. Thank you for remembering full dress uniform on picture day. And we have been working on lots of review, as well as introducing new units this week.
Dates to Remember:
Monday, September 17th – Pro-D day
Tuesday, September 18th – Parent Night @ 6:30 pm in the gym
List will be introduced on Tuesday, September 18th and tested on Friday, September 21st. This will be our last week of 10 words.
We did not get to our new phonograms this week. So this list of 10 is the same as what we were supposed to do.
ee, oo, er, ng, ay, ou, ch, ea, th, ar
This year we are doing Bible memory as part of our chapel each week. As a primary department we will be doing the same scripture verse.
“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”
Reminders and Other Information:
- Parent Night – on Tuesday, September 18th we will be having our parent night. Come out at 6:30 to meet the teachers, and to receive information for the year ahead. Children should not be coming to the Parent Night
- Knight Day – each month, when we have Knight Day, there will be a hot dog lunch available for order as well. The forms will go home a few days before, and they will need to be returned to the office
- Pizza Lunch on Tuesdays – this has already started. Feel free to go to the office and buy a pizza card, or if you prefer, you may send your child with a toonie on Tuesdays so they can have pizza. I will take pizza orders after I have done attendance.
- Information about Emergency Kits went home with your child on Wednesday, please make sure you put those together and bring them to class as soon as you can
- Pumpkin Patch permission slips went home – sign and return as soon as possible – please remember that if you are wanting to participate in field trips, you must have a criminal record check completed
- Scholastic book orders – each month I will send home a new flyer. If you wish to purchase something, you can return it to me and I will place the order. I only place orders once a month, after school on the date that is stamped at the top, so if you return it right away, it will take time before your order comes.
- Please remember to get your Student Information submitted to the office ASAP, it is important for us to have those details on file
Pictures from our Week:
First Time with our Buddies