Wow! October already … time is just flying by! It’s been a busy week! We had our first Knight Day, which was also the first Hot Lunch day that we had … the students had to demonstrate great patience, as their were a few hiccups with the first hot lunch day. We had our Terry Fox Run, and lots of other great things!
Tuesday, October 2nd – Food and Nutrition Assembly with Miss Stark
Wednesday, October 3rd – Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
Friday, October 5th – Pro-d Day – No school
Monday, October 6th – Thanksgiving – No school
Monday, October 15th – Picture Re-takes
Thursday, October 18th – Great Shakedown Earthquake Drill
Friday, October 19th – Pro-d Day – No School
Wednesday, October 24th – Parent-Teacher Interviews – no classes in session
Friday, October 26th
- October Scholastic orders due
- Soup Picnic Lunch
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – October 30th, 31st, and Nov. 1st – Scholastic Book Fair
Wednesday, October 31st – Fall Colour Dress Up Day
Spelling and Phonograms:
List will be introduced on Monday, October 1st, and tested on Friday, October 4th
tch, ph, ur, wh, si, wr, gn, ir, ow, ough
Reminders and Other Information:
- remember to bring in your Home Reading
- Bring in your Comfort Kits ASAP if you haven’t already. They are due by October 12th at the latest.
- On October 26th, we will be having a soup picnic. We will be using veggies from our HRA garden and high school students will be preparing the soup. Our classroom has been asked to supply 12 cans of diced tomatoes to be brought to the school on Monday, October 22nd. Is there anyone who could volunteer to bring a can? Please let me know!
- Criminal Record Checks – with our field trip coming up next week, if you are hoping to be there, please make sure you check at the office if you have a criminal record check, if you don’t, they will give you the paperwork that you need. This is very important, please look into it ASAP
- Hockey Tickets Draw – We have a package of Chilliwack Chief hockey tickets available for our class (one adult and one child) – The game is on October 5th … if you are available and interested in being entered to win the draw for our class, please email me or write a little note in your child’s planner. I will do the draw on Wednesday.
- On Wednesday, October 24th we will be having parent teacher interviews in the daytime – information on how to sign up will be available shortly. I will let you know.
- Pumpkin Patch field trip is on Wednesday, this will happen rain or shine! Come dressed for the weather. 🙂
Pictures from our Week:
Reading to the class
Terry Fox Run