It has been a good week! We have started a very difficult Rounding unit in Math, and the students have all worked hard to persevere to learn these new concepts. We have really had to work on remembering place value (ones and tens), as well as how to put our skip counting skills to use. We also finished up some of the Thanksgiving theme’d activities we had been working on … a step by step drawing of a turkey, as well as our class book: “If I was a Turkey on Thanksgiving …”
Dates to Remember:
Monday, October 15th – Picture Re-takes
Thursday, October 18th – Great Shakedown Earthquake Drill
Friday, October 19th – Pro-D Day
Spelling and Phonograms:
List will be introduced on Monday, October 15th and tested on Thursday, October 18th.
ew, ei, oe, kn, ee, sh, oo, ng, wor, tch
We have now been introduced to all of the phonograms – so each week the 10 that we focus on will be a different mix of the 70 phonograms.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – bring it in on your assigned day please
- Full Dress Uniform – we have started our Full Dress Uniform Wednesdays
- girls: tunic, blouse, sweater, navy blue knee high socks, black/white shoes
- boys: navy pants, dress shirt, sweater, black/white shoes
- I went through the criminal record checks and found that there were quite a few parents who do not yet have criminal record checks on file at the office. In order to keep our children safe, all adults who attend field trips must have a current criminal record check. Moms, Dads, Grandpas and Grandmas all need to have a criminal records check. If you are unsure if you have a current criminal records check, feel free to send me an email and I can let you know.
- If you have not signed up for Parent-Teacher interviews yet please do so ASAP – sign up is on my door
- Thanks for getting all your comfort kits in!