It has been a week full of trying different experiments, talking about what our rights are – as well as the responsibilities that come with those, and continuing to persevere to learn our difficult math concept of rounding. We are almost all at a place of good understanding. We had an earthquake drill today. We talked about the expectations when we have a drill, and the students then carried it out so well! I hope you all enjoy your long weekend, and I look forward to connecting with each of you on Wednesday for Parent Teacher Interviews.
Dates to Remember:
Wednesday, October 24th – No class in session, Parent Teacher Interviews
Friday, October 26th
- Soup Picnic
- October Scholastic orders due
Spelling and Phonograms:
ed, ck, ie, ai, igh, ough, ow, ir, ti, ear
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Reminders and Other Information:
- remember your Home Reading books
- Soup Picnic – on Friday, the high school foods class will be preparing a soup picnic lunch for us with vegetables from our garden as well as what we have provided. Soup and a bun will be provided.
- Full dress uniforms has begun on Wednesdays – please make sure you are mindful of this
- hot lunch forms went home, items available are different this time – we are hoping to make this whole process a little more smooth – please return this to the office if you would like to order something