Welcome to my blog! It has been so good to connect with many of you over the first few days of school, to chat about your child and the year ahead. I am looking forward to all that we have ahead for us, and I hope you are as well. This week has been full of information; learning routines and rules in the classroom, as well as just getting to know each other. Please don’t hesitate to pop in and see me, or to shoot me an email at any time if you need to.
Tuesday, September 10th – First Chapel of the year
Friday, September 13th – Knight Day
Monday, September 16th – Parent Night – 6:30pm
Friday, September 20th – Pro-D day
Friday, September 27th
- Knight Day
- Scholastic Orders due
List will be introduced on Monday, September 10th, and tested on Friday, September 13th. For extra practice at home, if you go through my blog you will find the weeks words on Spelling City – which has different games and activities to help students practice.
Reminders and Other Information:
Just a few things to get us started for the year. I sent home a newsletter, and some of this information was on there, but some of this is new also.
- If you have not yet brought in kleenex boxes, paint shirt and gym shoes, please do so as soon as possible
- A Criminal record check will be MANDATORY to be in the classroom or to participate in field trips, please make sure you have these on file at the office, or get the process started right away
- Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important that they have a way to have a drink when hot and thirsty
- Planners have gone home and this will be a very effective way to communicate back and forth – I check it each morning, Please be sure to bring it to school EVERY day.
- Emergency Kits – some parents have been asking about these … information about putting these together will be coming home with your student on Monday. They need to be checked and updated, then returned to school.
- Student Information form went home with your child this week – please fill it out and return it to the school office ASAP! It is important for us to have these details on file for your child.
- Tell Me About Your Child information sheets also went home this week, and I would appreciate if you would fill it out and send it back to class with your child. It is helpful for me to have some information to get the year started off right, and to know what you want me to know about your child.
I post on my blog every Friday about what is going on in the week ahead, as well as all other important information that you will need. Please make sure you refer to the blog for all the details.