We have had a great week in Grade 2. A huge thanks to all the parents who came out on Parents Night. It was great to connect and chat with some of you, getting the year off to such a great start. I hope you all enjoy your long weekend.
Dates to Remember:
Thursday, Sept. 26th – Toonies for Terry
Friday, September 27th
- Knight Day and hot lunch
- Last day for September book orders to come in
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Reminders and Other Information:
- If you have not yet brought in Kleenex boxes, paint shirt and gym shoes, please do so as soon as possible
- Comfort Kits – a newsletter, as well as your old comfort kits, have gone home. Please update them and return them to school ASAP. They will be taken out of the classroom and stored away soon, (I will have no access) so please make sure you get this done.
- Permission slips have gone home for our first field trip – to the Apple Barn. Please gets those signed and returned quickly. In the past we have gone to the Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch in Greendale, however this year the two Grade 2 classes will be trying out the Apple Barn instead.
- Toonies for Terry – Each year, we celebrate the amazing achievements and life of Terry Fox and collect money to raise awareness for cancer research. We will be participating in our Terry Fox Run on September 26th and we would ask that each student bring in a toonie to help with this cause. Thanks for partnering with us in this!
One of the most beneficial ways to help your child this year will be to be reading with them every evening at home. Grade 2 is such a big year for reading, and I am so excited to watch them grow in leaps and bounds in this way, but it can’t be something that is only done at school. Your child needs your support and encouragement at home as well. In the next couple weeks Home Reading books will start to go home, but don’t wait for that! Start reading with them now.