Friday Update

Good afternoon! Well, we have made it to the end of our first week back … and it’s been a good week. I’m pleased with how easily everyone settled back into the routines of the class. We have needed a few reminders about playing hands off and not getting too aggressive, especially when we are outside on the playground, but now that we have had that reminder, i’m hoping we don’t see any more of it. We enjoyed the end of the week where we were able to wear play clothes and knight clothes. This morning we had a lockdown drill. The students all followed directions really well, and did what they know to do. And the snow was a huge hit today!

Dates to Remember:

Week of January 13th-17th – we will have a fire drill sometime this week

Thursday, January 16th – Bake Sale

Friday, January 17th – last day of Term 1

Spelling:

List will be introduced on Monday, January 13th and tested on Friday, January 17th.

1. what
  2. spring
  3. summer
  4. winter
  5. fall
  6. or
  7. yet
  8. moon
  9. than
  10. take

Bible Memory:

Our theme for the month of January is Creation.

Psalm 139:13-14

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Reminders and Other Information:

• home reading – make sure you are getting back into the routine of reading with your child each evening, this is crucial as we keep moving forward
  • On Thursday, January 16th Mrs. Goosen & Mrs. Riley’s Grade 5 class will be hosting a bake sale in the school lobby.  The money raised will be used to purchase composting bins for the intermediate classrooms and support the Guatemala missions team. All items will be $1.  Thank you for your support!
  • please make sure you are sending your children to school dressed appropriately for the weather – we will go outside if it is not pouring rain – the days ahead are supposed to get quite cold!

Friday Letters

I am starting something new with the students this week. Every Friday, your child is going to write you or someone in your household a letter. I am hoping that you will read this letter, and then write them a letter in response on the back. This will be a great way for you to learn a little bit about what we have been doing this week, what your child has found enjoyable or maybe a little bit challenging. It will also show you where your child is at as far as writing on their own. I will not be editing these letters, or helping to write them. Please make this a priority to do, I don’t want anyone to feel left out. They need to be returned on Monday’s.