Friday Update

Thanks everyone for a great first week! We have all been learning a lot of new routines and protocols, washing our hands a lot, and getting to know each other. It has been a long time (almost 6 months!!) since we’ve been in regular class and it has been a pleasure to be able to be face to face with your children. I hope that you all are excited about the year ahead and about all that is to come. I know that I haven’t met all of you, or had many face to face conversations, but please know that you can email me and communicate with me, and we will set up appointments as needed. I look forward to getting to know you all more this year.

September Dates:

Tuesday, September 15th – First Chapel of the year (will look different than past years)

Friday, September 18th – Individual Picture day (Uniforms required, Knight Day cancelled)

Thursday, September 24th – Toonies for Terry (Terry Fox Run)

Friday, September 25th – Knight Day

Monday, September 28th – Pro-D Day

Wednesday, September 30th – Orange Shirt Day

Spelling:

We will be starting with our spelling lists on Monday. I will be starting them off with just 10 words. Spelling list will be introduced on Monday, September 14th and tested on Friday, September 18th.

1. ask
  2. let
  3. then
  4. gas
  5. read
  6. for
  7. yes
  8. door
  9. now
  10. lot

Each Friday I will put the spelling list into Spelling City (which you can access through the link at the top). You are free to use it to help your child practice spelling words at home.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Health Checks – I have been asking each morning if your child has completed their health check – if you are not sure what this, please shoot me an email. Also, please make sure that your child knows that you are doing this so that they can answer when I ask them if they have done their health check – thanks!
  • FreshGrade – one of the ways I like to share what we are doing in the classroom each week is with pictures, and the way that I share them is through Freshgrade. I have sent out an email request for Freshgrade, which you can accept and then receive emails when I have posted pictures or anything else for your child in particular. Please check it out, and feel free to comment on the pictures when I post them. This can also be a great way to see what we are doing in class (especially in a year where it is more difficult to be involved), allowing you to then talk with your child about it! Let me know if you didn’t get the email request or it doesn’t seem to be working. Also let me know if there is another email address that you woud like added as well. Thanks!
  • If you have not yet brought in Kleenex boxes, paint shirt and gym shoes, please do so as soon as possible
  • Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important that they have a way to have a drink when hot and thirsty
  • Tell Me About Your Child information sheets went home this week, and I would appreciate if you would fill it out and send it back to class with your child. It is helpful for me to have some information to get the year started off right, and to know what you want me to know about your child.

I’m sure there are some things that I am missing, but I will keep you posted as they come to mind 🙂