It was a great week in Grade 2. We had our first ‘assembly’, which does look a little different this year (we just do it in class), where we talked about Healthy Relationships. We read the story ‘Bucket Filler’ and talked about what it means/how we can be, bucket fillers. We started working on double digit addition, and continued to review single digit subtraction. Many of them are finding this quite simple, which is good because we are about to get into some concepts that are a little bit trickier!. Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy the extra day off and some time with family. (PS – ask your child what they said they would do if they were a turkey trying to avoid Thanksgiving dinner.)
Dates to Remember:
Monday, October 12th – Thanksgiving, no school
Thursday, October 15th – Picture Retakes (for those needing them)
Friday, October 16th – Knight Day
No spelling this week due to the short week.
We have been asked to memorize Psalm 23 for the Remembrance Day Assembly (which will be recorded).
If you could help your child work on this at home, as well as us doing it at school, it will be great. Please work on it from below (so that we are all using the same version).
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
And then we have our verse for the week of October 13th (which lines up with our chapel topic).
1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
- Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle every day – no water fountains available
- Friday Letters – write a letter back to your child this weekend
- Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
- Comfort Kits – bring them in if you haven’t yet
- Picture Retakes – can you please write a note in your child’s planner if they are getting retakes … this can often be confusing because I don’t know if they are, and sometimes they are uncertain.Thanks!