Well, another week down. Another short week with lots packed into it. I have been so impressed with my Grade 2’s and the way they have tackled new concepts and skills. With only a couple of weeks practice, they have really worked hard at adding with regrouping in Math, and for the most part, we all understand it. Great job! We had a fire drill this week. Always good to practice and make sure we know what to do. As a Read Aloud, we have been reading Charlotte’s Web. We finished that today, and are looking forward to watching the movie as a class next week (if anyone has concerns about this, let me know). I hope you all enjoy a great long weekend!
Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, October 27th – Chapel
Wednesday, October 28th
- Fall Colours Day
- Hot Dog Lunch – Food Truck
Friday, October 30th – Knight Day
List will be introduced on Monday, October 26th and tested on Friday, October 30th
This is our last week to practice Psalm 23 – we will be recording sometime at the end of this week.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
- Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle every day – no water fountains available
- Please remember spoons if needed for lunches – I have no more in the classroom and they will not have one available
- Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
- Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
On Oct. 28, one of our fabulous local business’, Fraser Valley Roofing, has graciously agreed to sponsor a Hot Dog Day for our students. At lunch time, the food truck will be here to hand out hot dogs to our entire school! Each child will receive one hot dog and 1 bag of chips free of charge. Students do not need to sign up or send anything to receive the hot dog or chips. If students do not wish to have get a hot dog, they should bring their regular lunch and let their teacher know that they will not be having a hot dog on the day of the event. This should be a fun day as it is also Fall Colour Dress-up Day for our students!