Friday Update

It’s Friday! It always feels like such a strange week when we have a day off in the middle, but I hope you were able to remember and reflect on the freedoms we have here in Canada. It was a little different this year to have our assembly in the classroom, and on a screen, but I’m glad there is technology and ways that we can still honour and reflect on Remembrance Day and why we celebrate this day. We did some poppies for art, and I think they turned out so great!  This week has been pretty busy, with lots to do and try to fit in to a short week. We enjoyed doing some experiments about Force and Motion for Science, we have been playing a few different games to help us memorize our facts for making 10, and we were writing about our favourite pets, or pets we would like to have. We also had in person chapel this week, which always feels like such a treat when we get to worship together. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See you on Monday!

Dates to Remember:

Monday, November 16th – Parent Teacher Interviews

Friday, November 20th – Knight Day

Spelling:

No spelling list this week, due to short week.

Bible Memory:

Psalm 8:1-2

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory in the heavens. Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.

Reminders and Other Information:

PARENT TEACHER INTERVIEWS 

Thank you for signing up for a time slot for a parent teacher interview. Some information regarding interviews:

• There are some who signed up for an interview time, but did not indicate whether they are online or coming in person, please go back and check that you have indicated your choice, I need to be able to prepare either way – thanks for checking!
  • If you signed up for an in person interview, we are still able to meet in person. (Julie Lade was addressing the High School when she said all interviews are only online in the recording you received).
  • Please arrive for your interview (either in person or online) on time, I will be held to a tight schedule
  • if you have not yet signed up for an interview, please email me to set up a time. With transitions being required to clean and get set up for the following interviews, I am aware that not enough time slots were available on the Monday – it is important that I meet with each of you though
  • I will post the link for online interviews on Monday morning on the blog here

Any questions, shoot me an email ahead of time.

• Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
  • Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
  • Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
  • Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
  • Parent-Teacher Interview Sign up – the link was sent out, please check it out and select a time to meet with me. Any issues with signing up, let me know. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mi9NeP2tQqS98omZbTUhFTvwk1–xiZn3mIWj5VL0BA/edit