We have had such a great decorating week. It was so fun to see the excitement and enthusiasm for what our Christmas Art would be each day. And our classroom is definitely looking a lot more festive now!
There are a lot of things going on in the next week, so please make sure you read through all the information here.
Dates to Remember:
Monday, November 30th – concert recording day **please come dressed for the concert**
Tuesday, December 1st
- Food drive begins – see details below
- Pay to wear casual day – see details below
Friday, December 4th – knight day
This will be our last spelling list before Christmas.
List will be introduced on Monday, November 30th, and tested on Friday, December 4th.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Christmas Concert – students are well on their way into practicing for the Christmas concert this year. We will once again be recording for this. Grade 2’s have been asked to wear blue jeans and a red or green (PLAIN) t-shirt, and black or white school shoes for the concert. Recording will take place on November 30th, and students may come dressed for the concert on that day.
- Checkout Highroad social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram) for some fun family festivities to participate in this season
- Pay to wear casual day/Salvation Army Food Drive – We are going to kick off our annual food drive on December 1st, where you can pay ($5 minimum) to wear casual clothes. On December 1st we will also start collecting cash donations for the food drive. We have a school goal of $5000. There will be a jar in the classroom where students can put their donations when they come in in the morning. Thanks for participating with us in this great cause, even though it may look a little different this year!
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
- Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
- Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
- Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
12 Days of Christmas countdown starts this week … every day we will have a theme and our activities for the day will, mostly, revolve around it. I ask that you do not tell your children the themes, I would like them to be a surprise. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know, especially around some of the more ‘make believe’ themes.
Theme’s included (but not in order):
- Grinch day
- Christmas Carols day
- Reindeer day
- Gingerbread day
- Candy Cane day
- Santa Claus day
- Holiday Cookies day
- Polar Express day
- Christmas Tree day
- Stockings day
- Kindness day
- Snow day
There is nothing that needs to be done for these days, it will just be a fun way to countdown the days until our Christmas holidays!
Along with the themes, we will be studying the Birth of Christ over the weeks leading up to Christmas. We will be reading stories and discussing the Christmas Story from the perspective of Mary and Joseph, the shepherds, and the wiseman.