It has been a full, but enjoyable week! We kicked off the week with our Concert recording, started our food drive with a pay to wear casual day, had our December assembly, and began our 12 day countdown to the last day of school … oh, and lets throw a fire drill in there as well! Our countdown has been a lot of fun each day. On Monday, our theme was Christmas Tree day, Tuesday was Santa Claus day, Wednesday was Snow day, Thursday was Stocking day, and Friday was Christmas Cookie day! I have to say, Snow day was probably my favorite this week. We made paper snowflakes and ‘snow’ … which then they used to build snowmen. It was great, albeit a little on the messy side as well. Lots of fun was had! We have also, for Social Studies, been studying Christmas Around the World. This week took us to Mexico, where they have a tradition that children have a pinata, and to England, where they have a tradition of Christmas Crackers at every place setting. Hard to believe it’s only a couple more weeks until Christmas break!
Today was cookie day … and I forgot to actually eat cookies with the students today! If your kids are wondering why we had cookie day with no cookies, we will enjoy them together on Monday 🙂
Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, December 8th – Chapel
Friday, December 11th – Pro-D day
No more spelling until after Christmas break.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
- Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
- Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
- Homework – when your child misses school, I will be sending them home the next day with a homework folder that has some of the work that they need to catching up on from the days they have missed – I try to do some things with them in class, but some of it will need to be done at home – thanks for supporting them in this way
- Food drive continues until December 16th – Let’s keep on blessing others!
- There are students missing sweaters, if you could check to make sure you don’t have any extras, or ones that don’t belong to you, that would be great!