Friday Update

This week we had a Lockdown drill. I was pleased to see how well we did. We stopped what we were doing, and then walked over to our safe spot and quietly waited to be released from lockdown. This drill is always one that is a little bit more unsettling than some of our other drills, the sound of the alarm is sometimes hard for them, but they did a great job with it. We made our Valentine Bags this afternoon, and the students are all excited for Valentine’s Day celebration in the next week. We will be doing all things Valentine’s on Wednesday! I hope you all have a restful and relaxing weekend, it definitely feels needed at the end of this week.

Dates to Remember:

Tuesday, February 9th – Chapel

Wednesday, February 10th – Valentine’s Colour Day

Friday, February 12th – Pro-D Day

Spelling:

There will be no spelling list this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

John 15:15b

“for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
  • Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
  • Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!

Valentine’s Day is coming up this week. Students are allowed to bring valentine’s to give to their friends (any treats have to be individually packaged!). If you choose to do Valentine’s, please make sure you do one for each child in the class, not just a couple of friends. It is completely optional to do them though. Thanks.

• Ari
  • Mckena
  • Aksel
  • Kyara
  • Elora
  • Olivia
  • Wade
  • Cadence
  • Isaac
  • Alivia
  • Jasper
  • Neariah
  • Evan
  • Averi
  • Landon
  • Lani
  • Grace
  • Elijah
  • Matt
  • Sina
  • Nixon
  • Thomas