Friday Update

We have had a solid week in Grade 2. We had Superhero/Starwars day on Tuesday, which was enjoyed by many. We also invited Mr. Morris to our classroom on Friday. We had spent some time working on a writing piece about ‘If I was Principal for a Day’ and so they each read their writing piece to Mr. Morris and we put them together as a book for him. Watch in the near future for some wild and crazy changes, I’m sure he will take many of the suggestions, well the Grade 2’s can hope anyways! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Dates to Remember:

Tuesday, May 11th – Chapel

Friday, May 14th – Knight Day

Spelling:

1. shall
  2. should
  3. would
  4. could
  5. finish
  6. clear
  7. reach
  8. sent
  9. delay
  10. hurt
  11. move
  12. test
  13. care
  14. spell
  15. state
  16. price
  17. base
  18. bake
  19. burn
  20. fail

Bible Memory:

John 14:26

But the advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
  • Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
  • Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
  • Spring Sing recording day – for this day the Grade 2’s have been asked to wear summer clothes!