Hey everyone! This is coming out to you a little earlier today because I am not actually working today. I am not sick, I have just taken a day off for myself.
This has been a great week, with lots of fun things going on. Among the favourites was our Measurement Olympics. We spent 3 days wrapping up our measurement unit in Math with the Olympics – Measurement Style. It was a great way for them to put all of the skills they have been learning into practice, and they all seemed to enjoy it a lot.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and that you can enjoy the sunshine before the potential rain next week!
Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, May 18th – Spring Sing recording (dress in summer clothes)
Friday, May 21st – Pro-d Day – no school
No spelling this week due to the short week.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading with your child every night – return – their book baggie when you have completed 5 days of reading
- Remember to complete your child’s health check every day
- Scholastic Code: RC155750 – this is the code you will need if you are ordering online from scholastic. Thanks!
- Spring Sing recording day – for this day the Grade 2’s have been asked to wear summer clothes!
- Return permission slips for the Blue Heron Reserve! (and a side note, parents planning to come along to the Blue Heron, unfortunately siblings are NOT ALLOWED to join us on the field trip)