Well, we made it through the week! It was great to see everyone after an unexpected week off. Thanks for your patience and flexibility as things kept changing a bit with what is going on around the school these days. We have a busy few weeks ahead of us, as the countdown to Christmas break is on. We will be starting a 12 Days of Christmas theme in our classroom on December 1st, when we also have our Decorating Party. Thank you so much to all the parents that signed up for parent teacher interviews, I look forward to connecting with you tomorrow.
Wednesday, December 1st – Decorating Party
Friday, December 3rd – Knight Day
Tuesday, December 7th – Assembly
Thursday, December 9th – Buddy Christmas Party
Friday, December 10th – Knight Day
Wednesday, December 15th – Christmas Sweater Day/Recording of Christmas Concert
Friday, December 17th
- Knight Day
- Last day before Christmas Break – 11:30am dismissal
List will be introduced on Monday, November 29th and tested on Friday, December 3rd.
Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading program – read and return your books
- Pizza Orders – please remember to PRE-ORDER if you would like pizza lunch on Tuesdays
- Reminder to send your child with water bottles – we don’t have a fountain in class
- Christmas Concert recording is on Christmas Sweater day, so that will be the ‘costume’ for the kids this year for the Christmas Concert – all students are being encouraged to wear a Christmas Sweater, or a long sleeve red or green shirt
Crim Checks – if you plan/hope to come on any field trips this year, or if you hope to volunteer in the classroom at some point, please get your Crim Check started right away, so that we have it on file when the time comes. Check in with the office about getting the appropriate paperwork.
Scholastic Orders: If you are placing a scholastic order, you can do so online, and this is the class code that you will need: RC155750
Salvation Army Food Drive – begins Wednesday, December 1st
- We are setting a school goal of $6000 by December 15th
- if we reach our goal, we will have an Animal Dress Up day when we return after Christmas break
- We are inviting students and families to DONATE money to the food drive as the Salvation Army has more buying power than we do. All donations go to the SCHOOL OFFICE.
Right now, the Salvation Army can use all the money they can get as they are taking the lead on meal efforts for flood relief, providing extra supplies for those affected by this current situation, and then have a list of those already on the list for hampers and other needs this holiday.