What a fun and exciting week in Grade 2. We had our Decorating Party on Wednesday, and then started our 12 Days of Christmas! While Wednesday’s decorating party/tree day was busy and chaotic, it was fun to make all sorts of decorations, which now are all up around our classroom. We are looking very festive! Thursday we had Santa Day, which included starting a unit on Holidays Around the World for Social Studies. And on Thursday, when we learned about Australia, we learned that Santa arrives on a surfboard … this caused lots of amusement and laughter. And Friday we had Snow Day, which included making snow! We enjoyed playing with ‘snow’ outside, trying to build little snowmen (however it was a little crumbly so that was tricky!). I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, December 7th – Assembly
Thursday, December 9th – Buddy Christmas Party
Friday, December 10th – Knight Day
Wednesday, December 15th – Christmas Sweater Day/Recording of Christmas Concert
Friday, December 17th
- Knight Day
- Last day before Christmas Break – 11:30am dismissal
No more spelling lists until the new year.
Reminders and Other Information:
Christmas Concert Costume/Christmas Sweater Day (Wednesday)
- a long-sleeved Christmas themed Tshirt, sweatshirt or sweater
- a long-sleeved plain T-shirt, sweatshirt or sweater
- a long-sleeved Tshirt, sweatshirt or sweater turned inside out, if there is a design that doesn’t fit our Christmas theme.
Any choice of jeans or dark pants/skirts are preferable to complete the students’ ensemble.
- Home Reading program – read and return your books
- Pizza Orders – please remember to PRE-ORDER if you would like pizza lunch on Tuesdays
- Reminder to send your child with water bottles – we don’t have a fountain in class
Crim Checks – if you plan/hope to come on any field trips this year, or if you hope to volunteer in the classroom at some point, please get your Crim Check started right away, so that we have it on file when the time comes. Check in with the office about getting the appropriate paperwork.
Scholastic Orders: If you are placing a scholastic order, you can do so online, and this is the class code that you will need: RC155750
Salvation Army Food Drive – begins Wednesday, December 1st
- We are setting a school goal of $6000 by December 15th
- if we reach our goal, we will have an Animal Dress Up day when we return after Christmas break
- We are inviting students and families to DONATE money to the food drive as the Salvation Army has more buying power than we do. All donations go to the SCHOOL OFFICE.
Right now, the Salvation Army can use all the money they can get as they are taking the lead on meal efforts for flood relief, providing extra supplies for those affected by this current situation, and then have a list of those already on the list for hampers and other needs this holiday.