It has been another fun-filled Christmas week! We had Stocking day, Christmas Cookie day, Candy Cane day, Gingerbread day and Reindeer day. We did a lot of fun activities … science experiments, decorating cookies, and sharing kind and encouraging notes to our friends, eating candy canes, decorating our salt dough ornaments and stories to go along with each of our themes. We also have continued our Holidays Around the World for Social Studies. This week we visited England where we learned that a popular tradition is Christmas crackers, so we popped our own. We also visited German, where Gingerbread is a popular tradition, so we decorated (and ate!) gingerbread cookies. And finally, we also enjoyed our Buddy Christmas Party. Lots of fun was had with our buddies as we played games, and had a ‘snowball’ fight. Check our FreshGrade for the pictures! It has been a great week, with lots going on. We are getting more and more excited, and more and more tired, as we get closer to Christmas Break, but we are almost there! Just one more busy, fun-filled week.
Thanks to those who have participated in the Food Drive so far this year, just a reminder that you have until Wednesday, December 15th to go to the office to donate!
Dates to Remember:
Wednesday, December 15th
- Christmas Sweater Day (Please do your best as this is also their costume for our Christmas concert)
- Last day for Christmas Food Drive
Friday, December 17th – Last day – 11:30am Dismissal
No spelling list
Reminders and Other Information:
Christmas Concert Costume/Christmas Sweater Day (Wednesday)
- a long-sleeved Christmas themed Tshirt, sweatshirt or sweater
- a long-sleeved plain T-shirt, sweatshirt or sweater
- a long-sleeved Tshirt, sweatshirt or sweater turned inside out, if there is a design that doesn’t fit our Christmas theme.
Any choice of jeans or dark pants/skirts are preferable to complete the students’ ensemble.
- Home Reading program – read and return your books
- Pizza Orders – please remember to PRE-ORDER if you would like pizza lunch on Tuesdays
- Reminder to send your child with water bottles – we don’t have a fountain in class
Crim Checks – if you plan/hope to come on any field trips this year, or if you hope to volunteer in the classroom at some point, please get your Crim Check started right away, so that we have it on file when the time comes. Check in with the office about getting the appropriate paperwork.
Scholastic Orders: If you are placing a scholastic order, you can do so online, and this is the class code that you will need: RC155750
Salvation Army Food Drive
- We are setting a school goal of $6000 by December 15th
- if we reach our goal, we will have an Animal Dress Up day when we return after Christmas break
- We are inviting students and families to DONATE money to the food drive as the Salvation Army has more buying power than we do. All donations go to the SCHOOL OFFICE.
Right now, the Salvation Army can use all the money they can get as they are taking the lead on meal efforts for flood relief, providing extra supplies for those affected by this current situation, and then have a list of those already on the list for hampers and other needs this holiday.