A full week in Grade 2. We have finished off some units and will be starting new ones in the next few days. One unit we completed is our Force and Motion unit for Science, and now we will begin a unit on Water. In Socials, we are starting to talk about Canada, and we will be taking a ‘trip’ across the country. And finally, in math, we are going to start learning how to do double digit subtraction. Lots of endings, and new beginnings, in these couple weeks.
Reminder that Report Cards went home today.
Dates to Remember:
Monday, February 14th
- Pay to wear casual (red, white and pink) day – bring a donation for Guatemala
- Valentine’s Day celebrations
Friday, February 18th – Pro-d Day
No spelling due to short week.
1 John 4: 16 & 18
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us … let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Complete your daily health check
- Respond, and return Friday Letters
- it is helpful if you send me an email when your child is going to be away – thanks!
- Home Reading program – read and return your books
- Pizza Orders – please remember to PRE-ORDER if you would like pizza lunch on Tuesdays
- Reminder to send your child with water bottles – we don’t have a fountain in class
Valentine’s day: Valentine’s cards are optional, however if you choose to do them, I ask that you include the whole class. Any treats must be pre-packaged.
Class List: Ryan, Joelliane, Hudson, Elody, Lizanne, Zeke, Taylor, Chloe, Deliah, Cadence, Thea, Armand, Sophia, Jase, Kazsem, Lacey, Eli, Ella, Isaiah, Kalia, Micah and Emerson
On Monday, February 14 , we will be having a colour day – students can wear red, pink or white in honor of Valentine’s Day. It is also Love Guatemala Day and students are encouraged to bring $2 to support the classroom we are building in Guatemala.
Scholastic Orders: If you are placing a scholastic order, you can do so online, and this is the class code that you will need: RC155750