Valentine’s day on Monday was a lot of fun! The students enjoyed handing out their valentine cards to their friends. We also enjoyed a full day of Valentine’s day themed activities …. conversation heart math, writing creatively about what we would do if it started to rain hearts one day, and talking about all things we love! It was a great day, and fun to see them all in red, white and pink! A huge thank you for being so generous in support of building a school in Guatemala.
The rest of the week was quite busy … and we were very high energy and chatty the whole time! A short week, that didn’t seem like a short week. We ended the day off today with a movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (we just finished reading the book the other day). I hope you all have a restful long weekend.
Dates to Remember:
Monday, February 21st – Family Day, no school
Wednesday, February 23rd – Pink Shirt day
Friday, February 25th – Knight Day
No spelling list due to the short week.
1 John 4: 16 & 18
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us … let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Complete your daily health check
- Respond, and return Friday Letters
- it is helpful if you send me an email when your child is going to be away – thanks!
- Home Reading program – read and return your books
- Pizza Orders – please remember to PRE-ORDER if you would like pizza lunch on Tuesdays
- Reminder to send your child with water bottles – we don’t have a fountain in class
Scholastic Orders: If you are placing a scholastic order, you can do so online, and this is the class code that you will need: RC155750