First Week Finished!

It has been so good to connect with many of you over the first few days of school, to chat about your child and the year ahead. I am looking forward to all that we have ahead for us, and I hope you are as well. This week has been full of information; learning routines and rules in the classroom, as well as just getting to know each other. Please don’t hesitate to pop in and see me, or to shoot me an email with anything you need.

September Dates:

Tuesday, September 13th – School Pictures

Thursday, September 15th – All School Chapel

Friday, September 16th – Knight Day

Monday, September 19th – Parent Welcome Night, 6:30pm

Wednesday, September 21st – Toonies for Terry

Thursday, September 22nd – All School Chapel

Friday, September 23rd – Knight Day

Thursday, September 29th – Orange Shirt Day

Friday, September 30th – Truth and Reconciliation Day, No School

Spelling:

1. where
  2. September
  3. because
  4. they
  5. with
  6. about
  7. nothing
  8. own
  9. once
  10. ride

Bible Memory:

2 Timothy 1:7

“For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind.”

Reminders and Other Information:

Just a few things to get us started for the year. I sent home a newsletter, and some of this information was on there, but some of this is new also.

• If you have not yet brought in kleenex boxes, paint shirt and gym shoes, please do so as soon as possible
  • A criminal record check will be MANDATORY to be in the classroom or to participate on field trips, please make sure you have these on file at the office, or get the process started right away
  • Water bottles – I would encourage each student to have a water bottle … we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom, so it is important to bring their own
  • Planners have fone home and this will be an effective way to communicate back and forth – I check it each morning. Please be sure to bring it to school EVERY day.
  • Tell Me About Your Child information sheets went home this week, and I would appreciate if you would fill it out and send it back to class with your child. It is helpful for me to have some information to get the year started off right, and to know what you want me to know about your child.
  • Grade 3 students will NOT be changing into gym strip for P.E.  … we share the gym with the Grade 2 class, and therefore it just won’t be necessary.
  • Our gym days are Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays
  • Library is on Thursday
  • Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750

Email me at: trast@highroadacademy.com

I post on my blog every Friday about what is going on in the week ahead, as well as all other important information that you will need. Please make sure you refer to the blog for all the details.

A little team building activity from the first day of school … while this video shows the moment of success, the celebration was great, because they worked hard for it, and failed many times before they finally were able to work together to get it. Click the link to watch the video.

Team Building