It has been an eventful week with lots going on … from unexpected lockdown alarms to all school chapel, to science experiments and the Terry Fox Run, we have filled our days with lots of fun and learning. Just want to acknowledge that while the unexpected lockdown alarm was unnerving and scary for some, it was good to see and hear that students (and parents) responded to instructions and direction so quickly and cooperatively in a situation where there were a lot of unknowns. Also a huge thank you to all the students that brought in Toonies (or more) for Terry … we spent some time talking about Terry Fox and the legacy that he left behind. Have a restful weekend!
Thursday, September 29th – Orange Shirt Day
Friday, September 30th – Truth and Reconciliation Day, No School
Due to the short weeks, we will introduce this list on Monday, September 26th and test them on Thursday, October 6th.
The following words are what we call No-Excuse words … these are words students are expected to know how to spell, and will be expected to correctly spell in all their writing.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading has begun … please check the previous post for instructions or email me if you have further questions
- Next week is Orange Shirt day – we will be talking about what this means, Residential Schools, and what truth and reconciliation day is all about (at an age appropriate level)
- Please return comfort kits as soon as possible – deadline is October 6th
- Water bottles – please remember to send one with your child, we do not have a water fountain in the class
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750