Weekly Update

Sorry! I forgot to send this on Thursday … here is the information for the upcoming week 🙂

October Dates:

Tuesday, October 4th – Healthy Relationships Assembly (in class)

Friday, October 7th – Pro-D, no school

Monday, October 10th – Thanksgiving, no school

Friday, October 14th – Knight Day

Thursday, October 20th – Apple Barn Field Trip

Friday, October 21st – Pro-D, no school

Tuesday, October 25th – Picture Retakes day

Wednesday, October 26th – Fall Colour Day

Friday, October 28th – Knight Day

Spelling:

Due to the short weeks, we will introduce this list on Monday, September 26th and test them on Thursday, October 6th.

The following words are what we call No-Excuse words … these are words students are expected to know how to spell, and will be expected to correctly spell in all their writing.

1. all
  2. could
  3. every
  4. many
  5. other
  6. said
  7. some
  8. these
  9. which
  10. why
  11. would
  12. your
  13. there
  14. their
  15. of

Bible Memory:

We will be working on memorizing Psalm 23 for the month of October. We will be working on this as a class each day at school, but practicing it with your child is also great!

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Reminders and Other Information:

• Home Reading has begun … please check the previous post for instructions or email me if you have further questions
  • Please return comfort kits as soon as possible – deadline is October 6th
  • Water bottles – please remember to send one with your child, we do not have a water fountain in the class
  • Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750