Lots of sickness going around this week … not only in our class, but in other ones as well. Many of you have missed a day or two, and some of you more. Hopefully we will all be able to get back to full health soon! Praying for lots of rest this weekend. This week we have been busy! We started working on novel studies independently for Language Arts, each of us reading at our own reading level. In Gym, we started Hockey … 4 corner hockey feels a little chaotic at times, but they have been really enjoying it. Mapping is what we have been working on in Social Studies … learning about a compass and directions and map keys. We also had a surprise earthquake drill! I’m always pleased when students respond well to a surprise drill … they knew what to do, and they did it. So way to go! Have a wonderful weekend!
Dates to Remember:
Thursday, November 10th – Remembrance Day Assembly (more details below)
Friday, November 11th – Remembrance Day, no school
Tuesday, November 15th – Thursday, November 17th – Book Fair
Wednesday, November 16th – Parent Teacher Interviews – ** Please see link below and sign up ASAP!
Friday, November 18th – Knight Day
Wednesday, November 23rd – Jersey Day
Friday, November 25th – Pro-d Day, no school
No spelling list this week, due to the short week.
We are going to be working on memorizing Luke 2:8-14. This is part of the Christmas story. I know it seems early, but it will sneak up on us quickly and we want to have lots of time to memorize it! We will be learning one verse each week. Bold is what we are currently at with learning the verses.
(8) And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. (9)An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. (10) But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. (11) Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (12) This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (13) Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God, and saying, (14) “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.”
Reminders and Other Information:
- Parent Teacher Interviews are coming up and here is where you can sign up for a time slot. Thanks! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mi9NeP2tQqS98omZbTUhFTvwk1–xiZn3mIWj5VL0BA/edit
- Home Reading -make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Water bottles – please remember to send one with your child, we do not have a water fountain in the class
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you can come join us on November 10th at 10:30am for our Remembrance Day Service. In preparation for this service, we are asking all our Highroad families if they have a special Veteran in their lives that they would share with us. Please go to Honouring Veterans and upload a photo and story of your special Veteran this week. We would love to share the photos and stories at our service.