Weekly Update

Sorry, forgot to post this on Friday! A bit of a disjointed week this past week, with Parent Teacher interviews in the middle. It was good to connect with so many of you, and touch base about how things have been going this year. This week in Social Studies we began a unit on Canada. We will be learning the different provinces, and reading across Canada. And in Science, we began a unit on Matter. We all know the basics of solids, liquids and gases … but we are going to be getting into atoms and molecules, and all the ‘stuff’ of this world! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Dates to Remember:

Wednesday, November 23rd – Jersey Day

Friday, November 25th – Pro-d, no school

Wednesday, November 30th – Decorating Party

Spelling:

No spelling this week due to the short week.

Bible Memory:

Luke 2:8-14

(8) And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. (9)An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. (10) But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. (11) Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (12) This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (13) Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God, and saying, (14) “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.”

Reminders and Other Information:

• Decorating Party – On Wednesday, November 30th we will be having our Decorating Party … I am looking for 5 parent volunteers who can come in for the afternoon to help us (no siblings)! I am also going to be looking for a couple of parents who can bring in sugar cookies and icing to decorate some cookies for a treat in the afternoon (as one of our centres). If you are willing and able, please send me an email.
  • Home Reading -make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
  • Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
  • Contact Information for me: trast@highroadacademy.com