Hard to believe that we only have three more weeks until Christmas break. We are going to be starting our Christmas festivities this week, kicking off the season with a Decorating Party! We are also going to be doing a 12 Days of Christmas countdown to the holidays. Each day we will have a theme and our work for the day will (mostly) incorporate the theme. In Bible we are going to start talking about the Christmas story … part of which will be talking about the birth of Jesus from the perspective of the shepherds and the wiseman. For Social Studies, we are going to be doing Holidays Around the World. We will talk about traditions and how people in other countries celebrate Christmas. I am looking forward to all of the Christmas fun that we will have. I hope you all have a wonderful, restful long weekend! There is lots of information for December below, please be sure to read it!
Dates to Remember:
Wednesday, November 30th – Decorating Party and 12 Days of Christmas Countdown begins!
Thursday, December 1st – Food drive begins
Friday, December 2nd
- Report Cards go home
- Knight Day
Thursday, December 8th – Pay to Wear Casual Day and Donuts/Cookies (available through munch-a-lunch – more details below)
Friday, December 9th – Knight Day
Wednesday, December 14th – Christmas Sweater/Colour Day
Friday, December 16th – Primary Christmas Concert @ 10:30 am and early dismissal – 11:30 am
December 17th – January 3rd – Christmas Holidays
List will be introduced on Monday, November 28th and tested on Friday, December 2nd.
(8) And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. (9)An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. (10) But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. (11) Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (12) This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (13) Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God, and saying, (14) “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.”
Reminders and Other Information:
- Decorating Party – On Wednesday, November 30th we will be having our Decorating Party … I am looking for 1 more parent volunteers who can come in for the afternoon to help us. I am also going to be looking for a couple of parents who can bring in sugar cookies and icing to decorate some cookies for a treat in the afternoon (as one of our centres). If you are willing and able, please send me an email.
- Mark your calendars for December 8th – the whole school will be participating in a “Pay to Wear Casual” day. All students may wear casual clothing per the uniform policy guidelines. Money can be handed in at the office or to the teachers. For the Elementary Department (K-6) there are donuts and cookies available to order on Munch-A-Lunch. Please note that these need to be ordered by December 2nd and there will not be any available on the day to purchase. Email the office if you need help with Munch-A-Lunch. All money from Pay to Wear Casual and all profits from the concession, donuts & cookies on this day go straight to the Missions Team for their trip to Guatemala in the spring
- Christmas Accessories: Students may wear festive hats, scarves, gloves, and/or socks/leggings with their uniform. All items must be Christmas themed. Baseball caps and bucket hats do not count unless they are particularly Christmassy in some way.
- Salvation Army Food Drive – The food drive will start December 1st, note that cash donations are preferred as they can buy things at a discount price thus making the donation go farther.
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: email@example.com