This week had some exciting things going on … from the snow outside, to a Missions Chapel, and meeting Izzy (one of the High Schoolers going on the trip), to figuring out the details for running a Taco Truck. Students have all been busy busy. This week we also began to talk about some of the miracles of Jesus; we read about Jesus healing the sick and calming the storm. We have also began working on a persuasive writing unit … this week we read the story “I Wanna Iguana” and we started to work on developing sound reasons to persuade someone. I was away on Wednesday, but the students had a great day with Mrs. Garnier. This nasty cold that has been going around caught up with me. I was glad for a day of rest, to recuperate, and then to be able to finish out the rest of the week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Tuesday, February 7th – Assembly – Anti-bullying
Friday, February 10th – Knight Day
Tuesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day – Pay to Wear red, white and pink (Mission’s Fundraiser)
Friday, February 17th – Pro-D day
Monday, February 20th – Family Day, no school
Wednesday, February 22nd – Pink Shirt Day
Friday, February 24th – Knight Day
List will be introduced on Monday, February 6th and tested on Friday, February 10th. While this list may seem easy, they are all homophones, and students must be able to use the correct spelling in the correct context. Listening to the sentence will be key!
1 John 4:7-14
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so love us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: he has give us his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be Saviour of the world.”
Reminders and Other Information:
- February 14th – is a PAY TO WEAR RED, WHITE AND PINK Day … students are asked to bring a toonie (or more) to support our High School team that will be going to Guatemala over Spring Break.
- Reminder to DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! Students need to come dressed to be outside … even when it is cold and snowy! Please make sure they have what they need for these days!
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valentine’s Day is coming up! Writing Valentine’s cards is optional, however, if you choose to do them, I ask that you include the whole class. Thanks so much! Here is a class list: Bernardo, Micah, Robyn, Lincoln, Andrew, Chase, Lacey, Aiydah, Jax, Lydia, Georgia, Elliot, Drew, Lisa, Molly, Jack, Findlay, Sophia, Aubrey, and Hayden