Hard to believe we have just one week left before Spring Break. We are all feeling the excitement as it gets nearer, lots of high energy in the classroom. This week we have had lots going on … we had a Safe and Unsafe Substances Assembly in class, and also handed out certificates at that time. The G.W. Graham Orchestra came and performed for us on Wednesday. The students were very excited that they played the song: We Don’t Talk about Bruno. This week we had a visit from Mr. Morris. A couple of weeks ago the students wrote persuasive letters to Mr. Morris, and so he came to see them about the letters. Some of the things that were promised were daily coffees, cleaning his office, money, and trips to Hawaii (if you receive a bill for his ticket in the mail, now you know why 😉 haha). We also had a lockdown drill this week. This drill is always unnerving, and the alarm is one that is particularly unsettling for students. However, they did a great job, and I was proud of them for listening and following the protocols as they know to do. I hope you all enjoy the weekend, and get some rest as we head into our last week before Spring Break!
Dates to Remember:
Friday, March 17th
- Green Colour day – students may come dressed in green
- interims go home
There will be no spelling list this week.
The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘he has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.” So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Friday Letters – don’t forget to write a letter to your child each week, they really look forward to reading and responding to them when we pull them out on Fridays!
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: email@example.com