We had a great week in Grade 2/3. Grandparents day was a huge success. It is always great to see loved ones supporting all the kids and loving on them. This week we have started story writing. We have spent time learning about all the elements of a story, and they have been so excited to be creative and start their own. I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!
Dates to Remember:
Monday, May 1st – Parent Night
Tuesday, May 2nd – Digital Safety Assembly
Thursday, May 4th – Superhero Day
Friday, May 5th – Local Harvest field trip
Friday, May 12th – Knight Day
Monday, May 15th – Fraser River Discovery Presentation
Thursday, May 18th – Zoo field trip
Friday, May 19th – Pro-d Day
Monday, May 22nd – Victoria Day, no school
Friday, May 26th – Knight Day
Tuesday, May 30th – Spring Showcase
Wednesday, May 31st – Jean’s Day
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Reminders and Other Information:
- Return Permission slips that went home for the Local Harvest as soon as possible
- Home Reading – make sure you are reading and returning your book as regularly as possible!
- Friday Letters – don’t forget to write a letter to your child each week, they really look forward to reading and responding to them when we pull them out on Fridays!
- Scholastic: periodically you will receive a scholastic book order. If you wish to order you can do so online with our class code: RC155750
- Contact Information for me: firstname.lastname@example.org